- 2017 wishes and late pumpkin pie
I made my very first and tasted my very first pumpkin pie (my own) late November.
I couldn’t really compare with any other as it was my first one.
It was made with fresh pumpkin as it is something more normal for me, then I fund out that most people make it with pumplin in a can. Well… I woud say… why not ? Still I bought a fresh one.
I then, tried more for Christmas, same old thing, fresh pumpkin , the first one with the same dough and the second, I tried another variant, a dough with more butter…. It turned out that the second one was quiet amazing and I wanted to share that recipe with you. It’s a late pumpkin pie, as traditionnally it’s made between Halloween and Christmas. Let’s call it a ‘Post Christmas pie’ or ‘A good resolution pie’ It takes 15min to make, and it’s delicious, so Christmas or not, who cares ? We need a little treat after the Christmas treats.
Before giving you this recipe I wanted to wish you all a wonderful 2017. Thank you for being there and reading me for a few year as you are more and more numerous. After thoses years, I hope that my Frenglish is less worse, but you seem to understand me still and that’s the most important.
May this new year be better, let’s make it better with good energies, love and why not, a bit of wine… Happy New Year !!!
‘Late pumpkin pie’
For the crust:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
For the pie:
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pie mix)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped Cream,for serving
Start preparing the crust :
1. Stir the butter, oil, sugar, and salt together in a bowl until combined. Add the flour and stir until a soft dough forms.
2.Mix with your hands (add a bit of flour occasionnally if needed to prevent sticking) till obtaining a ball that you will wrap in film and chill in the fridge for 30min at least.
For the pie:
1. Heat the oven to 350°F/180°C
2. Place all of the ingredients except the whipped cream in a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
Spread your dough with your finger directly on the baking tray starting in the center toward the edges of the mould.
Pour your mix into the pie crust.
3. Place the pie on the hot baking sheet and bake until the top starts to brown and the filling is set but still jiggles slightly in the center, about 50 minutes.
Cool completely before serving.
It can be prepared the day before.
Bon appetit and Happy New Year again !